The Anime Girl is a recruitable Rare Character based on the anime trope of 'Magical Girls.' She is depicted as a pink haired girl with high pigtails. She wears what appears to be a Japanese schoolgirl uniform.
The Anime Girl comes equipped with a Magical Wand which can not be unequipped. When attacking she will fire a glowing heart shaped projectile which is very effective at destroying zombies.
Whenever the Anime Girl attacks she says stereotypical anime phrases or emoticon faces. All of her speech while on the road or scavenging is multicoloured and over the top.
As each day passes the Anime Girl's appearance changes. She gets progressively bigger eyes and eventually begins to melt and deform.
Upon Encounter Edit
The group gets ambushed by a horde of zombies. While running, they encounter a woman, already swarmed into a corner. It looks hopeless, then she suddenly turns into an ANIME MAGICAL GIRL. The zombies don't have a chance against this.
Upon Recruitment Edit
[Name]-chan sparkles, lifts her LOVELY WAND, and emits heart beams. A new team! Let's make a difference!
The Anime Girl's special attack is extremely effective at killing zombies, usually only taking one hit to do the job and with a long range for no ammunition cost.
The downside is that as each day passes she gets more and more "anime." Her appearance will change and degrade until she reaches the point of actually exploding.
The event will trigger in the car or during a mission a day after she has reached her final appearance (deformed and melting as seen in the picture to the right) When she explodes she deals heavy damage to the rest of the party which should generally be avoided if possible.
Her degradation will pause if she is the only member of the party. Resuming once there is another party member.
The degradation and subsequent explosion of Anime Girl can be halted* if Anime Girl visits the Anime Salesman in a Trader Camp. If she speaks with one of the NPCs there, their "love for anime" is so pure it halts Anime Girl's transformation. She will remain in whatever appearance stage she was currently in.
*Officially the game just adds 99 days to the countdown, but no game mode should last long enough for this to tick over, essentially making it halt.
- The game mentions that the Anime Girl becomes more "anime" with each passing day. To this effect the designers have made her eyes get bigger and bigger until she begins to deform. This is likely to be a joke about the trademark large eyes that feature prominently in anime.
- The "magical girl" trope is a popular sub-genre in Japanese anime shows. More can be read here.
- If the player purchases the Anime Figurine from the Anime Salesman while she is in the party, a secret is rumored to occur.
- The Anime Girl's name will be random, but the suffix "-chan" will always follow. Another nod to the common use of Japanese formalities in anime.
- Below is the full list of things Anime Girl can say when attacking:
- "Heart Beam!"
- "Heeeaaaart Beeeaaaam!"
- "You're in for it now!"
- "LOVELY TRANSFORM!"
- "I can't believe senpai is a zombie!"
- "( ^ '-' ^ )"
- "(*' ^'*)"
- "(* > ^ < *)"
- "(*' ^'*)"
- "(('v' *))"
- "( 'v' )"